Enacted on September 1, 2016
President & CEO
1. Background of Personal Information Protection Policy of Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi") domiciled at 1-18-13, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8608, Japan, in compliance with its obligations set forth in the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) (the “Data Privacy Law”), the Regulation of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties (Reglamento de la Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) (the “Regulations of the Data Privacy Law”) and the Guidelines for the Privacy Notice (Lineamientos del Aviso de Privacidad) (the “Guidelines” and collectively with the Data Privacy Law and the Regulation of the Data Privacy Law, the “Data Privacy Provisions”), provides you with this privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) as controller of your personal information. Hitachi handles, technical information and personal information provided by potential customers located in Mexico, solely for the purposes listed herein and in accordance with the Data Privacy Provisions, as a global supplier who can provide total solution. With this in mind, Hitachi has strived to establish and fully enforce an information management system in order to respect the value of the said information and observe the principles of legality, consent, notice, quality, purpose, fidelity, proportionality and accountability set forth in the Data Privacy Provisions.
Considering such background, Hitachi will attempt to create rules and establish a management system for the personal information protection in Hitachi, as well as to set a Privacy Notice and spread it among board members and employees. Moreover, Hitachi will take measures to make this Privacy Notice easily accessible to the general public through this website. Hitachi will strive to protect personal information appropriately based on this Privacy Notice.
2. Hitachi Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements.
Hitachi will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that the management system is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
2. Collect, use and provide personal information and forbid the use of such information for purposes other than those stated herein.
While carefully considering the personal information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Hitachi will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information. In addition, Hitachi will not use such information for purposes other than those stated herein and will implement appropriate measures for it.
3. Implement safety measures and correct problems
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Hitachi will implement and maintain administrative, technical and physical security measures including managing access to personal information, restricting the means to transfer personal information, transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss, or unauthorized use, access or disclosure or destruction of personal information. In addition, when any problems regarding safety measures are found, Hitachi will identify the cause to take corrective measures.
4. Follow laws and norms
Hitachi will follow the Data Privacy Provisions and other applicable norms for the handling of personal information. Also, Hitachi will adequate its rules with personal information management to such Data Privacy Provisions and other norms.
5. Respect a person's ARCO Rights (as such term is defined below) regarding his or her personal information
When a person exercise his/her right to access, rectify, oppose and cancel its personal information or to limit the use and disclosure of his/her personal data or revokes his/her consent to the processing of personal information, or gives any complaints or requires consultation, Hitachi will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's ARCO Rights related to that personal information.
3. Privacy Mark
Hitachi, Ltd is granted the use of Privacy Mark, which is given by the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC) to organizations that properly handle personal information.
4. Scope of Application
This document, "About Personal Information Protection", establishes a summary of the manner in which we handle of all personal information from individuals located in Mexico by Hitachi in the company activities. Please review our complete Privacy Notice (MEXICO).
5. Activity of Personal Information Protection
Hitachi protects and manages the personal information by establishing a manager on a department basis with the greatest care and the best effort and who will be responsible of taking care of the requests submitted by data-owners to exercise their ARCO Rights and to promote the protection of personal data within our organization, based on the "Hitachi Privacy Notice".
6. Handling Policy of Personal Information - Collection/Usage Purpose and Transfer Provision to Third Party
1. In relation to Hitachi's main business activities for electrical machinery parts, information communication machinery parts, electronic parts manufacturing and the information service, Hitachi will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose. When Hitachi requires a person to provide his/her personal information, we will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent of the person as stated in our complete Privacy Notice (MEXICO).
2. Hitachi will not provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the prior consent from the person through our Privacy Notice (MEXICO), except the circumstances under certain conditions as permitted under the Data Privacy Provisions.
3. When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi is co-operating with Hitachi group companies, Hitachi will provide such group companies with the following personal information, names, workplace or home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
7. Request to exercise ARCO Rights and Restrict the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information or Revocation of Consent or Raising Complaints
When a person, as data owner, wants to request to limit the use and disclosure of his/her personal information, revoke his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data and/or exercise his/her right to (i) access his/her personal data held by Hitachi and be informed about the way in which the information is processed, (ii) rectify his/her personal data in case it is not up-to-date, it is inaccurate or incomplete, (iii) cancel his/her personal data that in his/her view is not used in accordance with the applicable principles, duties and obligations, and/or (iv) object to the processing of his/her data for specific purposes (hereinafter referred to as the “ARCO Rights”), or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the predefined procedures to make such request set forth in our appendix to the Privacy Notice (MEXICO).
Please note that as mentioned in Section 5 above, Hitachi has appointed a person responsible of taking care of the requests submitted by data-owners and to promote the protection of personal data within our organization.
8. Other Important Matters
1. Request to person about provision of personal information, acquisition of prior consent, and personal information protection
3. Notes about usage of cookies and Web beacons on website
4. In compliance with applicable Mexican law, when a person contacts Hitachi by telephone, the conversation will be recorded to aid accurate replies. to the extent such persons provides her/his consent to such recording.
9. Contact Information
• For inquiries about this document except the request to exercise your rights set forth in Section 7 above, and the raising complaints, please contact us in the following way. Details
Contact by mail:
IT Security Management Department, IT Strategy Division, Corporate Information Technology Group, Hitachi, Ltd. 1-18-13, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8608, Japan